Pixel Pi Games
Based in Vancouver, BC Canada
October 20, 2015
Journey as Eva, a young girl who lost her sight at an early age, and has since developed the unique capability to “see” the world around her through sound. Using this ability, and with help from the spirits of the forest, explore the forbidden paths once walked by your ancestors and discover the truth. Step into a world on the edge of collapse. Earthquakes shudder through the land, but why?
Pulse is the final form of the IGF finalist and Unity Award winning prototype originally created by the team at Pixel Pi Games as a project of love. Multiple years in the making, we’re extremely happy to finally be able to deliver the experience we always wanted to make. We hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we have making it.
Thanks to all of our Kickstarter backers for making this possible.
- A first-person experience like no other: You’re blind and must navigate using sound
- Unique visual style in a transparent world
- Lush, handcrafted environments to get hopelessly lost in
- Ridiculously adorable forest spirits to help you get un-lost
- Beautiful thematic soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz of Waveplant Studios
Launch Trailer YouTube
Release Date Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- “IGF Student Showcase – Finalist” Pulse Prototype, Independent Games Festival 2013
- “Best Student Game – Winner” Pulse Prototype, Unity Awards 2012
- “Echomokation: Pulse Is About Blindness And Synesthesia (Selected Article)”
– Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- “Seeing the world as a blind girl in Team Pixel Pi’s Pulse (Selected Article)”
– Samit Sarkar, Polygon
- “Pulse is one of the most clever student projects I’ve ever seen – I saw it and immediately wished I had the idea.”
– Nels Anderson, Designer @ Campo Santo, Personal Website
- “Pulse is one of the most innovatie and unique student projects I’ve ever seen.”
– Dan Sochan, Producer @ United Front Games, LinkedIn
- “Team Pixel Pi created one of the most compelling experiences to come out of the highly acclaimed VFS Game Design program in recent memory. I’ve never played anything like it.”
– Quinn Duffy, Game Director @ Relic Entertainment, LinkedIn
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we’ll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Pixel Pi Games allows for the contents of Pulse to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Pulse is legally & explicitly allowed by Pixel Pi Games. You can acquire personalized permission at this here:
Pulse on Steam
View the Pulse Official Steam Store Page at store.steampowered.com.
Many of our production updates have been released through kickstarter.com.
About Pixel Pi Games
Pixel Pi Games, Inc. is an independent game development studio owned and operated by Larissa Baptista, Leanne Roed, Maxwell Hannaman, Michael Cooper, and Richard Harrison. Their first game Pulse releases on October 20th, 2015. It is the final version of the award-winning prototype of the same name, completely recreated with all new content.
More information on Pixel Pi Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Narrative and UI Designer, Pixel Pi
Larissa Fuchs Baptista
Art Generalist, Pixel Pi
Programmer, Pixel Pi
Level Designer, Pixel Pi
Environment Artist, Pixel Pi
Audio Designer and Composer, Waveplant Studios
Character Animator, Freelance